Who am I?

My photo
I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My 2 Hearts

As many of you know--I am the proud owner of 2 Miniature Schnauzers. Growing up my Aunt always had Schnauzers and I have always longed for one of my own.

I got the first one (Maximillian) a year after college. He was my constant companion and went everywhere with me. I remember him sleeping up beside my head on the pillow when he was a puppy. Max is your typical male--all manly, full of energy, wants to always play, but loves to cuddle when he is sleepy. His favorite things to do are the following: chewing on sticks, playing fetch with tennis balls, trying to attack suitcases when you are packing, and barking at anything with wheels (vacuum, pushmower, suitcase, etc).




After owning Max for a year, I decided that he needed a friend--so I got Lexi (Alexia Belle). I almost ended up with a silver Schnauzer just to change things up a bit, but decided that I just was too partial to black. I was thinking of breeding them because I had alot of people who were interested in puppies. After one time of Lexi being in heat I decided that was enough and breeding would be too much work. But Lexi totally rocked diapers while in heat (I cut a hole for her tail).
Lexi is such a girlie dog. She used to be terrified of men and would pee whenever my dad or brother tried to pet her or pick her up. She loves the following: to be held, to sit in your lap, to snuggle, and to follow you wherever you go.



Max is now 6 and Lexi is 5. Both of their birthdays are in August. I had to let them live with my Mom and Dad for two years while I lived in an apartment. I have had them back with me for a year now that I have moved into my house with a fenced in yard. They are so special to me and can always put me in a good mood after a bad day. There is nothing that makes me feel better than coming home and seeing how excited they are to see me.

I have TONS of pictures of them but I am going to try and limit how many I post. Enjoy! :)







1 comment:

  1. The bottom picture is my favorite! Cute little guys. Lexi is so tiny!

    ReplyDelete