Who am I?

My photo
I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.

Monday, February 15, 2010

A little catching up.....

So I have gotten a little behind it seems on a lot of things in my "new life" for 2010. I missed a week of working out, a week of blogging, and a week of church--yikes! I am planning on getting back on track starting TODAY!

I will do my best to try and summarize all that has happened since my last post.
The first thing that sticks out in my mind is the fact that is snowed a pretty good bit in Birmingham....and I was out of town! My sister was "babysitting" my dogs for me and here is a great picture of them. Also, my mom got Lexi a sweater to wear because she gets cold so easily--it is adorable!






We had our 4th Annual Alias Weekend in Destin this past weekend. Good times were had despite the rainy, cold weather and chance of snow. It was sorta sad because we are all getting older, engaged, married, kids, etc and know that we can never re-enact the first year and the wonderful times that were had. Hopefully we can stick with our tradition of at least meeting up somewhere on President's Day weekend.

Let's discuss Valentine's Day. I am not a big fan of it period. I don't agree with the commercialism of it, the pressure, and the "you can only tell someone you love them this one day out of 364". Maybe, it's because I haven't had a good Valentine in the past few years. I will say looking at everyone's Facebook status made me a little nauseous, yet jealous because I LOVE some pretty flowers and can't remember the last time I have received them.....oh well--another time.



TV shows:
The Bachelor--still watching Jake and his search for "the one". I haven't been too pleased this time because it has lacked sparks. I really hope he doesn't pick Vienna.
The Vampire Diaries--yes I watch it and love it! It is not like Twilight (well similiar, but still different enough to be interesting). I highly recomment it to those who like the vampire stuff.
LOST--there aren't enough words to describe how awesome the first few episodes have been. I can't wait to keep finding out answers to all the burning questions I have had for quite some time.

Music:
I am completely bummed that my favorite radio station (Live 100.5) is about to go off the air for some stupid talk show stuff. UGH! They play the best music that you never hear anywhere else. What other station will my app Shazam be used so frequently for?

Books:
I am about to start The Help. It is a book about a maid in the 1960s. I have heard great things about it and look forward to reading it. I am still doing my bible study on How to Walk and Not Grow Weary. I feel like I definitely need that right now because I feel that I have grown weary (or lazy) in my walk.

Okay, I think that's enough for now. Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment