Wow...I am pretty darn happy that it is February. January is just a pretty depressing month to me. I will have to say alot of good things have come from January (mainly my resolutions for 2010).I am still attending Mountain Brook Community Church and I'm really enjoying the sermons, bible study, and new friends.
I went on a Women's Retreat to Lake Martin this past Friday night/Saturday and it was a wonderful time spent with great ladies and God. I just wish it had been a little warmer and sunny!
I am still going to the gym quite regularly, though I didn't do as good last week. I tried to get back on the "wagon" today, but had a little issue. So....most of you know how clumsy I am. I bruise really easily, knock things over and can fall up AND down stairs. So I was going upstairs to get my laptop Saturday night and tucked it under my arm to head downstairs to and watch a little LOST online. Well, I slipped in my socks on the stairs, fell hard on my left hip. Since the laptop was tucked under my arm, it jammed under my armpit and I thought I had broken my arm at first. I crawwled back up to the top of the stairs and just curled into a ball. Let's just say I am pretty bruised on my left side and sore big time! I tried working out today, but it just hurt. I feel like a creaky old Grandma that needs a walking stick! ha
I have been teaching First Grade for seven years now. I have had maybe two classes that have just stood out from the others--and not in a good way. This years class has made "the list" for standing out. I honestly do not enjoy teaching this year. I have so many behavior problems that it is hard for me to actually get any teaching done that feels productive. I went home half a day from work today feeling sick and was woken up from my nap by a phone call from my sub. Basically two of my students were writing bad things about me and stuff that wanted to do to me. I mean, six year olds should NOT know how to spell some of those things!Nothing like giving you something to look forward to when you go back to work tomorrow.
On another note--here is a few funny things that have come out of the mouths of my students
Ms. Rodgers, you are the color of cheese. You know, a little white and yellow
Oh my gosh Ms. Rodgers! You have a gray hair in your head! (He was standing beside me when I was sitting down) Can't imagine WHY I would have gray hairs being a teacher!?!
Ms. Rodgers when you wear your hair in a ponytail you look like a teenager.
I always try to think positive and remind myself that I'm doing something right when they still tell me they love me and give me hugs....
TV I'm watching
Ahhh...the joys and drama on The Bachelor. Will Sausage end up winning or will he actually pick someone I like?
I started watching the Life Unexpected show on the CW and it is pretty good.
The last season of LOST comes on tonight and I can hardly contain my excitement! It's just a bittersweet feeling knowing it will end in a few months though.
Music I'm listening too
The Civil Wars and Phoenix have some cathcy tunes. I love the Hallelujah version that Justin Timberlake did for the Haiti telefon. And currently the theme song for my life is the Micheal Bubble' song--Just Haven't Met You Yet!
Who am I?
- Suzanne's Sassy Spot
- I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment