Who am I?

My photo
I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Week that was.....

~The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Well hello fellow blog readers (or I hope that I have at least a few readers).

As I am reflecting back on this past week. The thing that has stuck out the most was the insane amount of tv watcing I have done. I promise I don't sit around and watch tv all the time, but I do DVR quite a few shows. I would be ashamed to admit what all I watch....so I am not going to share that with ya'll right now. Let's just say that I was excited about the new shows I caught this week and the old ones that returned.

My Dad and Grandmother are both recovering nicely from their surgeries. I want each of you to keep my Mom in your thoughts and prayers because I know she is being stretched thin with work and taking care of the 2 of them.

Stories from school....
We got the most awesome things for our classroom this week. Now some of these things may be foreign to ya'll, but they are awesome teaching tools. We have the following new things--an Elmo (basically an overhead projector but way better than the old ones), a Promethean board (which is an interactive board that you hook up to your computer and can use a special pen to write on), a laptop (which we are getting this week) and an LCD projector. It's like Christmas came a little later at school. NOw if only I could figure out how to use it properly!

I always love when my students try to guess my age or ask me how old I am. I usually respond with the "I am 100 years old" to get giggles from them. They will try to guess and sometimes I am astonished about their responses--everything from 18 to 64. I have to stop and realize that most of them have no sense of time/age. One of my favorite is a girl that I had in my class a few years back who always told me I looked like a teenager, especially when I wore my hair in a ponytail.
The other favorite thing that I just love (insert sarcastic voice here) is when they ask me if I have a husband or kids. When I tell them no, they always want to know why not. Sometimes I just want to say back "good question"!! My favorite response was when I told them no husband or kids, that one little girl told me she would pray for me to find a husband so I could have kids.


I love the Shazam application on my iPhone because I find all kinds of great songs off of tv shows. Some of the tv shows that have the best songs that I enjoy are Grey's Anatomy and most shows off the CW (yes I watch those shows)

Songs I'm listening to right now:Poison & Wine-The Civil Wars, anything by Phoenix, I want You-Kings of Leon, L.E.S.Artistes-Santigold, and the Beatles lately.

Movies I'm looking forward too--When in Rome, Dear John, and Valentine's Day.

I hope all of you have a great week! Oh and Brenna, if you are reading this I can't wait to meet little Cooper :)

1 comment:

  1. I am reading... :) And I too watch and love the shows on CW!

    ReplyDelete