Who am I?

My photo
I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekly Update



The week that was January 4-10, 2010.....

WOW....what a crazy week this has been. I am going to attempt to re-cap all that happened this week.

First off, we went back to school. You think the students would be a little subdued, but not my class. I have 18 students--9 girls and 9 boys. My girls are great....my boys--not. so. much! I feel like they are middle school girls trapped in the 1st Grade bodies of my boy students. They argue, fight, tattle-tale more than any other boys I have ever taught. It's sad when your boys are known around 1st Grade and other teachers comment "oh you have all of them together in your class? Bless your heart!" I will just say that I count down to the next day off constantly. I keep repeating to myself---this too shall pass.

"Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict"
-William Ellery Channing

Now on to the blizzard that Birmingham experienced. Oh wait, you didn't see any snow...haha! They cancelled school Thursday and it barely even snowed. They delayed school Friday until 10 and of course this was the morning that it was actually snowing and sticking! I will say that I spend alot of time staring out the window and just watching the snow fall down from the sky---so pretty! I took the dogs walking in the snow to see their reaction. They basically just kept staring up in the sky like "what the?!?" I will have to say the cold weather has made me turn into a "bear"--aka hibernating under covers at my house. AT least this week has some warmer (40s/50s) weather headed our way.

Now I saved the most momental thing for last.....National Champions 2009: ALABAMA!
I will say that I for Colt McCoy and that fact that he got hurt. Not only was it sad that he missed his last game for Texas, but one of the biggest. I would have liked for him to have stayed in to make our win more convincing to those doubters. We will never know what the outcome of the game would have been if McCoy was able to play the whole game, but none the less... Alabama won! Now on the fact that people can't seem to get straight that this was our 13th National Championship. I am sorry, but why in the world would we claim 13 if SOMEONE haven't given the title to Alabama?? I personally wouldn't go around bragging about something if I didn't have some fact/evidence to back it up. So to all those hater/doubters....all I have to say is jealousy is not flattering.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/322684-alabama-is-your-national-champion-just-deal-with-it?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=share


Ahh...the week of tv ahead of me is going to be time consuming. Bachelor, Chuck, American Idol, the return of some shows (Grey's, Bones, etc).


I continued my New Year's resolutions by going to the gym 3 days this week and worked out 2 days at home. I went to church at Mountain Brook Community Church again today. I attended the morning worship service and the singles community group. I am really liking it and looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me in this new year!

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step"
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Song of the week: I am currently in a huge Coldplay mood and listening to their songs on repeat. I have seen them live and can tell you that was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. I highly recommend going to see them if you get a chance.

Books: I am still working on the sequel to The Nanny Diaries, The Nanny Returns.

Movie: I went to watch Leap Year this past weekend. I loved the fact that it is set in Ireland because it brought back memories of my family's trip a few years back. I will just say this in summary of the movie--I am a sucker for a tall,dark haired, blue-eyed guy!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment