Who am I?

My photo
I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alias Weekend, Fiesta, and other random moments




Well quite a bit has happened since my last blog.

The picture above is from my 4th Annual Alias Weekend with my friends. Back in 2006, a group of us who all teach decided to take a beach trip to Destin for President's Day weekend because it is a long weekend for us. The tradition has continued for 4 years. We have picked up additional friends (and dropped some) along the way, but the Original 5 is still alive and kickin'. I hope we can continue this tradition even when we all grow older, get married, have kids, etc.

One of my close friends is getting married in April and we decided to throw her a Mexican Fiesta this past weekend. It was great to see friends that I haven't spoken to in awhile. Good times were definitely had and the couple got some great presents.

School is....well still school. I am constantly counting down the days until the next holiday and of course until summer vacation. I am just really frusterated as a teacher this year. I just need a big time break!

Well another year, another birthday. Sadly though---this is the last one in my 20s. I am lucky enough to share the same awesome birthday with my best friend Laura. We always have a big get together/dinner/party or something. This year is no exception and we already have about 20 people coming to our birthday dinner. It should be a blast. My brother is coming into town, as he usually does for my birthday, so I am looking forward to that. I will have to say....I think every girl longs for flowers on her birthday and I am NO exception. Maybe I will stop by and pick myself up some!

TV Shows:
The Bachelor is coming to an end and I have been pretty disappointed by Jake. He is nice on the eyes, but not much personality. Plus, who wants to be with a girl named Sausage....oh I meant Vienna :). I am looking forward to Jason (former Bachelor) and Molly's wedding that is being shown on Tv March 8th.
LOST continues to amaze me each week and I am dying to know how it is going to end.
Chuck is such a great show but I have so much tv on Monday, that I have to watch it online and I have fallen so behind! Maybe over Spring Break I can catch up.
I do love some American Idol and I am glad that the stinkin' auditions are over with. I like it when they start voting people off. I really think the girls are the stronger contestants this year and I am rooting for a girl!

Songs:
American Honey by Lady Antebellum is a great song. They are coming to the Verizon Center in Bham in May with Tim McGraw. I am seriously considering buying tickets.
Imma Be by the Black Eyed Peas. It is so dang catchy and a great song to work out too.
Get Low by LUDA! It's by Ludacris....need I say any more?
Want You by Kings of Leon. I heart them!!!

Books:
I am still trying to read The Help, but I have had a really hard time sitting down and reading a book lately.

Movies:
I went and saw Valentine's Day. I really liked it, but yet it made me sad that I can't remember the last time I have had a really good Valentine's Day. Oh well, another year.

Have a great week friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment