Sorry for the delay in my weekly post-though not quite sure if anyone really reads these.......
Last week was a pretty rough week. I had a bad day last Monday, so I decided to go visit my friend Brenna after I got off work to see her & precious little Cooper. I left her house around 5 and my stomach felt a little funny. I thought, oh since I haven't eaten anything since my (b)lunch at 10:30 I must be hungry--so I pull out a granola bar and eat that to tide me over. I got home and my friend Laura came over to watch the big Bachelor finale with pizza. After a few bites of pizza I realized that my stomach was not okay. So up to take a few Tums I go...and never returned from the bathroom. The horrible stomach virus that has been making it's rounds has finally found me. I have not been that sick in, well I don't know when. I ended up getting so bad, that my roomie was freaking out. After much discussion from both my mom and her mom, it was decided that the paramedics need to be called. Due to my bodily functions (I won't go into gross details) I could not make it downstairs to get in the car to go to the emergency room.
There is nothing like being in your pj's looking like death on a stick and having 8 strange men and invade your bedroom. I was very dehydrated and they decided to take me by ambulance to the emergency room. Long story short--I had a stomach virus and a UTI (which they say is common with stomach virus's). I want to say that my roomie and my sister were troopers. They came and stayed with me at the hospital until I was discharged. My mom decided to come up Tuesday and take care of me....until she got sick after only 3 hours of being around me. She did not have the virus as bad as me thank goodness. Then when she felt better, she moved on to my sister's house to take care of her because she caught it as well. Poor Kate tried to prevent herself by taking medicine, but it backfired at the end of the week. I ended up having to take the rest of the week off and it was nice--well despite the fact that I couldn't eat or leave the vacinity of a bathroom.
That is enough blog for now. Look for Birthday blog later on this week :)
Who am I?
- Suzanne's Sassy Spot
- I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment