Who am I?

My photo
I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Chaperone? ME?




The Friday I got out for Spring Break, I was approached by my librarian. Her daughter is the social chair for the Phi Mu Sorority at Samford and they needed a last minute chaperone for their date party. The librarian told her daughter she would ask one of the younger teachers at school....and she thought of me.
So this past Friday night, I got to chaperone a sorority date party at Vulcan. The theme was Superheroes and Villians. I was amazed at the creative costumes they came up with. Of course there were Superman/woman, Spiderman, Catwoman, but some of the others were cool. There were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, PowerPuff girls, Quailman (off Doug the cartoon), Boris and Natasha, The PowerRangers, Cruella DeVille and dalmations, etc. I was mesmerized as I watched these youngins booty dance and act all crazy. They had an awesome DJ who played all of my favorite old school and popular dance hits. I was sitting in the back of the room fighting the urge to dance with them. I mean, I know have the Soulja Boy officially conquered! There was no alcohol since it is a Samford function, but those kids didn't seem to mind (or either did a little pre-partying before hand). It made me long for my college days all over again and I have already picked out my Halloween costume for next year.

So a few weeks back I took a pretty bad fall down some brick steps and hurt my foot pretty bad. Well the swelling has yet to go all the way down, so I got my school nurse to check it out. Needless to say I will be making an appointment with a doctor next week to get it looked at. With that being said, between the hurt foot and stomach virus my gym time has been slacking BAD! I am hoping to fix that soon since bathing suit season is upon me.....

As the weather is turning warmer and April is approaching, I am officially on the countdown until summer break. Easter is next weekend,the first Thirsty Thursday at the Barons is coming up soon (April 8th),Bachelorette party, wedding, and hopefully laying out is on the agenda for the next month.

TV Shows:
Yes, I watched Dancing with the Stars this past week just to check out all the celebs on it. I was not impressed with Kate Gosselin, Jake the Bachelor and a few others. And bless Buzz's heart...I voted for him just because I felt so bad for him!
My fav's are Erin Andrews, Nicole the Pussycat doll girl, the Olympian guy and some other guy I can't remember. I am not sure I will continue to watch it, but it was not bad.
The vampire Diaries has returned, Bones is returning soon and add those to the long list I already watch. Ahhh...gotta love some tv shows to take my mind off my bad days at work.

Music:
I have been into some rap music lately. My ipod is currently on vacation from my car. I had the device that plays your ipod through your car speakers, but the cord became defective a few weeks ago and I am waiting for a new device to be shipped to me. I am going through withdrawals and will have to burn some cds to pass the time--old school!
Loving these--Diva/Beyonce, You Run Away/Barenaked Ladies, My Chick Bad/Ludacris, Telephone/Laday Gaga ft Beyonce, Red/Daniel Merriweather, and Today Was a Fairytale/Taylor Swift.

Books:
I am giving up on The Help for now and going with a more chick lit type of book called Miranda's Big Mistake. Will let you know how it goes.

A little side note....by NCAA basketball bracket has totally busted and I am pretty sad about it. But it makes me feel better knowing everyone else's has busted too. Dang Syracusee, Kentucky and Kansas for losing and messing it all up.

Peace, Love and Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment