I attended my good friend Anna's wedding in Dothan this past weekend. It was a pretty wedding and the bride looked gorgeous. One of my favorite bands from Birmingham played--Livewire--and we had a blast dancing the night away.
The wedding made me really stop and think about how things are still continuing to change in my world. I am not one of those hermit crabs that hates change, but it does take some adjusting too like any other person. I am extremely happy for those who have found love, yet sad because I know that it won't be "just us girls" anymore. I have one friend that is moving back to her hometown this summer and another that is moving to Viriginia with her husband to get his MBA. I am really going to miss both of them.
On another note, my foot is still slightly swollen but slowly getting better. I still haven't been able to get back into my excercise routine (aka gym), but hopefully within these next few weeks I can get there. I am just enjoying the fact that I can wear sandals with straps around the ankle now....oh and heels :)
I have a babysitting gig this weekend. I will be babysitting two little girls-- 4 year old and a 9 month old. This is a friend of my sister's whose birthday is this week. They all want to go out and celebrate this weekend so I graciously volunteered my services. Hopefully it won't be too complicated and let's hope that I put on the diaper the right way this time--haha!
I am really missing Live 100.5 and my Ipod car connector lately. I just am not satisfied with my burned cds because they limit my songs to listen to. I have such a vast Itunes library that those few cds don't even begin to touch the stuff I like to listen to. Must send in car connector to be fixed ASAP!!!!
I applied for a summer job at a couple of golf courses in the area (Ross Bridge, Robert Trent Jones, and a few local ones). I haven't heard back from any of them and it has almost been 2 weeks. I don't know if I should call them or not....I was really wanting to get a summer job to keep me busy and of course make some extra money!
I think that I really need to start getting productive about doing some things to spruce up my townhome. I have a "dream" list that includes some of the following--painting the door/shutters black, trimming all the bathroom mirrors in border (like a frame), doing something to my backyard, etc. I really want to be all homey and productive, but it is so hard during the school year. That is why I have high hopes for the summer.
Books I am reading:
I have been on a huge Nicholas Sparks kick still. I am currently reading True Believer that is the first book in a 2 part series. So far, so good.
TV shows:
I am very disappointed that LOST did not come on tonight. I mean come on--there are only a few weeks left before it is gone forever! They can't just show a re-run one night to satisfy fans.
Glee continues to satisfy my love of music. There is talk of a Britney Spears themed episode which I think would totally rock.
I keep thinking that the new Bachelorette should be airing soon for the summer. I am interested in watching Ali and her men. I always get suckered in.....
Music I am listening too:
I have been listening to some Modest Mouse, Elton John, Sugarland, U2, John Mayer, and a very broad/random selection on my burned cd's.
See above note where I mention missing Live 100.5 because I am so behind on the new music. Though I will say--the shows on the CW have awesome music and I love to go to their website and search for songs I may like.
School Sillies:
Another 1st Grade teacher came into my room one day last week and just happened to call one of my students babydoll. Well that just sent them into fits laughing.
I had one last week who came up and hugged me. Then he pulled back, rubbed his hand on my stomach and asked if I was having a baby. I mean seriously!?!?
My students had to pick a virtual character to represent me in Music Class (not really sure why), but they picked a girl that looks like a hoochie momma from a foreign country. They tried to justify it by saying she had brown hair and brown eyes! haha
Teacher Appreciation week starts next week so hopefully I will get some good stuff.
Peace, Love and Happiness Readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment