Honestly, this week has really been nothing special. My students were tested on their Reading skills (aka DIBELS for those who know what that stands for) and this test definitely meant the school year was winding down--yay!
I had the most relaxing weekend. I had the house to myself due to my roomie being out of town. I spent alot of time catching up on my tv shows-aka DVR, reading a new book by Nora Roberts, and cuddling with my puppies. Oh, let's not forget a fun babysitting gig. I babysat for a 4 year old and a 7 month old. I really had it easy because I only had to "watch" them for about 2 hours before they went to sleep.....and I read a book on the couch. I have my next babysitting gig next Saturday morning. After this next gig, I will have babysat all of my sister's friends kids. I don't really mind it considering they are all really adorable and I know the parents deserve a night out.
Random school story from the past week:
I had a student stab another one with a plastic fork---enough said.
Here is a jumble of random thoughts that have entired my brain lately........
I hate that one of my closest friends is about to move away. I mean, she is my red wine, pizza loving, birthday sharing best friend! I know we will keep in touch ( I already have my guest room waiting in VA) and continue to stay close friends.
I really need a summer job to save up some cash for more trips with my friends. I need to call around and follow up on my golf course applications.
I have got to start going back to the gym, like yesterday! I did bruise my hurt foot this weekend, but I don't think that will set me back too much. I am looking forward to getting back on the treadmill and running.
I am glad that May is officially here and I am looking forward to the end of school. I really need a good pool day--like an all day pool day with my friends.
I have forgotten how much I love to read and look forward to spending quite some time laying in the sun this summer and reading.
I miss 100.5 and discovering new artists/music lately. My iTunes is suffering from lack of downloads.
My sister is dating a great guy that I really like and I am glad he makes her happy.
I am looking forward to my family trip to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam this summer.
Quotes:
~Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
~They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
~Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
Peace, Love, and Happiness Readers
Who am I?
- Suzanne's Sassy Spot
- I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment