Who am I?

My photo
I have been living in Birmingham for the past 5 years and loving it! I have taught 1st Grade for the past 7 years and love it most days :) I am blessed to have a loving family, an awesome group of friends and two prescious dogs.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Things Are Looking Up

I am enjoying the turn of events that have been happening to me recently. This postive outlook on life could be due to the fact that school is coming to an end....

Here are some of the reasons (besides school ending) that I am in a happy mood lately.

*I am going to Las Vegas with my family in exactly one month. We are busy booking our awesome Grand Canyon Tour that includes a hike, helicoptor tour and a pontoon boat. We are also going to a Cirque du Solei/Beatle themed show. I am pretty excited about that because my entire family loves Music. Since going on a vacation requires a camera and my is out of commision, I took the plunge and bought a new camera today. Now my old camera was a Canon and I really loved it....yet my new Camera is a Nikon. It had really good reviews and was an affordable price.



*One thing that I love about the summer is a good day at the pool. Now that I am a homeowner, there is no pool in my backyard. Lucky for me, I can still go back to my old apartment pool because the office ladies and I were so friendly. I spent the majority of my weekend (Saturday and Sunday afternoon) laying out and reading a good book. Now I am having some problems with sun spots on my face, but with a high SPF for my face a baseball hat and my huge sunglasses--we are all good. I also have found a new face cream that is by Clinique that is supposed to help even your skin tone. I really hope it works, the reviews all said great things.

*I think I may be starting my own little 1 woman babysitting gig. I have now officially babysat for all of my sister's friends. I kept a precious little boy Saturday morning. I mean this without trying to sound conceited, but little kids really like me. I am babysitting for an old college roommate of my sister's tomorrow night as well. I am hoping to get a few jobs during the summer to give me some extra cash for fun things like vacations, clothes, etc. I never heard from the golf courses and honestly I am second guessing the whole entire summer job. If I could just babysit some I would be happy. I mean, this is my first summer officially off with no grad school or moving--so I say I deserve it.

*I may be starting on a nice friendship with someone, so I have that to be happy about.



Songs I am listening to:
Jack Johnson has a new album and he is coming to Atlanta in the fall. The song "You and Your Heart" is really good.
Usher has a new album and I am loving it! He has such great dance party songs.
Timbaland and Katy Perry have a new song-"If We Ever Meet Again" that is pretty good.
If anyone else has any great songs they are listening to--please share.

Peace, Love and Happiness Readers :)

1 comment:

  1. I need that Clinique even tone stuff, too. I have a sunspot on my face and I need it gone, pronto! We are getting old, my dear ;)

    ReplyDelete