
This is a picture taken of my friends and I a few years back. I felt that it captured the joy I get when sweet summertime rolls around every year. I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been busy with the end of school. I am almost officially done (I have to go back for a retirement brunch Tuesday morning, but I don't really count that) and looking forward to my relaxing summer. I have decided not to work, but just babysit as needed. I feel that after this school year....I have earned it!
I am currently in Birmingham this Memorial Day weekend and enjoying being lazy. I went to Lake Martin today with friends and got to spend time out there until the rain chased out home. I am glad that I have friends with boats because boy do I love them! I have decided that if I ever have the money (or win the lottery) that a boat is on the list of things I want. I think that I am going to sleep awesome tonight because I can still feel the motion of the waves in my equalibrium---hopefully it will lull me right into a deep sleep.
I have 2 friends that are moving this upcoming week. They were my first friends in Birmingham and it is very sad to see them go. It is going to be weird not to pick up my phone and either text/call/email them to hang out at the drop of a hat. I am already planning future trips to visit though which is one perk :)
Here is a funny, typical Suzanne story for all of you. I went on a date to the SEC Baseball tournament this past Friday. I was super pumped and even sat through to rain to watch Auburn play Ole Miss (and even cheered for Auburn--Brenna this one is for you!). After the first game, we decided to move into empty seats behind the plate. Well of course a foul ball was hit straight up and headed straight for us. Of course I freak out and jump up to get out of the way...well at the same time, my date is jumping up to try and catch the ball for us. Needless to say a headbutt occurred that brough on a busted lip and a swollen left eye (I was the eye). I felt soooo bad, but at least we laughed about it and said that we had never gotten "beat up" on a date before so that was a first!
Random Thoughts:
~I really like guys that can make me laugh and I can be my silly self in front of.
~Why do some people have to turn stupid issues into a "racial" thing at work?
~I wonder what detergent the college teams use to get the red dirt out of their white pants....
Books I am Reading:
I have started back reading The Help again. It is going to be my pool book this summer.
I also have the Eat, Pray, Love book to read before the movie with Julia Roberts comes out.
Movies:
I went to see Sex & the City 2 this past week. It was just as good as the first one, but in a different way. I will say that I don't remember laughing this much during the first movie.
I really want to see Letters to Juliet, Eat, Pray, Love, and this movie with Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhmal where they are guardians to their friends who died baby.
That is all for now friends!
Peace, Love and Happiness
Haha! Thanks for cheering on AU, Zan! :) Also, I LOVE the book "Eat, Pray, Love" I really think you will too!
ReplyDeleteAAaaaaaannnnddddd....I love the first date story. Cute. :)
Thanks Brenna! I am halfway through the book and loving it. It wasn't a first date....will have to fill you in soon :)
ReplyDeleteCan I borrow that book when you're done? I've been wanting to read it for a while! PS- the date story is just as funny the second go around!!
ReplyDelete