No I did not misspell "Deer" in the title. That slogan basically sums up the crazy week I have had. It started with the great snow/ice storm of 2011 and being out of school ALL week! The roads were full of ice and snow due to the fact that the temperatures did not get above freezing until the end of the week. I was basically stuck inside my house for a few days. I was able to sleep in, work out everyday, watch tv and just have ME time. It was nice for about......oh 2 days!
I finally ventured out Tuesday to go to the grocery store and head over to Ben's for dinner. My battery light came on halfway to Ben's so I called my Dad to see if the cold could be causing this issue. As I was on the phone with my Dad being reassured that if it started and it running then surely I would be fine.....when it started dying. I was able to pull off the road into a school parking lot. But it was 20 something degrees, I had the dogs in the backseat, and a half full bottle of wine with me. Thank goodness Ben decided not to go to the gym and was able to come rescue me. We had to wait forever for a tow truck. I ended up having to get a new alternator, battery, and belt for my car. I had problems with my car awhile back and was told that I would probably need maintenance, but it still was a hard pill to swallow forking over all that money.
I picked my car up from the shop Thursday. I was headed over to Ben's to cook dinner when I realized that I had forgetten an ingredient for our dinner. I decided to swing over to the Target close to Ben's to grab that 1 thing I needed. I was on the phone chatting with my mom, when all of the sudden I hit something. I screamed "I just hit a deer!" and hung up the phone. This huge deer had run out of the middle of nowhere and I hit it going about 40 mph---it flew! I was so shakin' up that I turned on my caution lights and pulled out of traffic. My car had some serious damage, but was luckily driveable. I called my insurance agent the following day and was told to get a quote. When I took it in and they started pointing out all the things that needed replacing, I realized I was going to have to get it fixed sooner than I thought. Sigh.....Even worse is that I killed a deer :(
Let's just hope that the rest of my 2011 is not going to follow this pattern.
TV shows:
I of course have been sucked in by Bachelor Brad's jawline and sexy body. I am still unsure of who I am pulling for yet, but it is still early.
I am ready for the rest of my favorite tv shows to come back on after winter break. This week while off work I have rediscovered The Closer on TNT. I forget how much I love that show! It comes on everyday on TNT for those of you who want to record it
Movies:
I went and watched The Dilema this past weekend. I freakin' love Vince Vaughn! He just talks to fast and has such a witty personality.
I want to see the upcoming movies No Strings Attached, and whatever the Jennifer Anniston/Adam Sandler comedy is.
Peace, Love, and Happiness readers!
Oh no!!! I am so sorry to hear about all of your car troubles. I really hope things start getting better for you and your car! :)
ReplyDelete